Welcome to Writers Weekend, your virtual getaway dedicated to all things writing! Join a community of writers as we share our struggles, triumphs, and most of all, our love of the craft. Once a month I’ll post a prompt, whether it’s a list of questions or an open ended inquiry or just a random writing exercise. Write your post, add your link in a comment, and then check out and comment on a few of the other links! You can grab the blog button below (or the banner above!), but please link back.
Select the code above, then copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML.
Apologies for how long it’s been since the last post—Writers Weekend is now going to be monthly, rather than bi-weekly. I’m hoping to get more people involved, so if you have suggestions on how to do that, let me know! Otherwise tell your writer friends about it and spread the word wherever possible. I’d very much appreciate it. But. Back to business.
In honor of the fact that a lot of people are going back to school soon, I thought this week we could do a rundown of your character’s back-to-school-ish habits. Of course, I know most of your characters probably aren’t in school, so this will (hopefully) cover any character of any age in any genre. I can’t wait to hear your responses!
- What’s your character’s ready to tackle anything outfit?
- What does your character never leave home without?
- What’s your character’s favorite thing to learn about?
- How does your character apply that knowledge?
- Describe your character’s “squad.” Are they #squadgoals?
- What’s your character’s go-to lunch?
- How would your character react to being bullied?
- How would your character react to someone else being bullied?
- How much stock does your character put in first impressions?
- What would be your character’s theme song? (Links to YouTube videos are encouraged!)
Once you’ve typed up your response, don’t forget to come back and post your link in the comments, then check out some of the other responses. Happy writing!