“It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.” —Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird
Equal parts sweet and strong, with a kick. Hot or cold, just like Atticus, this coffee gets shit done.
Atticus Finch Americano
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1 lemon
- 4 tsp. vanilla coffee syrup
- Squeeze the juice from approximately 1/3 of the lemon into a 12 to 16 oz mug, depending on your preferred strength, removing seeds and pulp. Add vanilla syrup. Stir
- Brew espresso, and add to mug.
- Add ice, if you’re drinking it cold.
- Fill the rest of the way with water.
- Garnish with lemon peel, to make it pretty.
Pro tip: Candy the lemon peel once you’re done making the drink. Instructions here.